On Monday 27 October 2003 03:43 am, Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> The fact remains that there are developers out there who without CVS
> access, who those who don't know the facts think could be making an
> even bigger contribution if they did have access.

Nice post, but I couldn't parse the last sentence -- can you clarify?

Are you saying that there are some not readily apparent facts (obligations,
whatever) that make CVS access a mixed blessing.  I didn't phrase that quite
the way I wanted to -- I know it's a mixed blessing because of the typical
"obligations" like not breaking the tree, and in the case of a cross-platform
project like X, not breaking it for any platform, but are there some less
obvious obligations that made you decide that you really didn't want CVS
access?

Can you share those with us?

Randy Kramer