On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Boris wrote:

>Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:28:37 -0600
>From: Boris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Upgrade fontconfig in cvs.
>
>It seems the fontconfig in cvs is very old (1.0.2) and needs to
>be upgraded to 2.2.0. Reading varios emails and posts, it seems
>the older fontconfig has problems with some TrueType fonts and
>the 2.2.xx files the problem. Also the fc-cache v1.0.2 crashes
>(segmentation fault) when run during system startup where as
>2.2.0 does not have that problem. Any possible way we could get
>the latest fontconfig into the xfree86 cvs?

To avoid the SEGV, run fc-cache as: HOME=/ fc-cache

>btw. I downloading it from anoncvs and then "make World".

I recommend just using the upstream fontconfig instead.  It's
easier to stay current that way, and to update it separately.

Wouldn't hurt of course though to update the included fontconfig
also, it does have many stability, performance and other
improvements.  Might be considered too late at this point though,
but most Linux and other OS distributions I think ship the newer
fontconfigs for quite a while now, so it shouldn't be too hard to
find prebuilt packages for many OS's also.

Take care,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris