On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:49:12AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Ruth A. Kramer wrote:
>
> > Here's what it says at www.xfree86.org:
> >
> > <quote>
> > No More Core Team
> >
> > [30 December 2003]
> >
> > The XFree86 core team has voted to disband itself, effective 31 December
> > 2003. The XFree86 Project and its active cutting-edge developers are all
> > still very much alive and residing in our development forum. Comments
> > about this can be made there; registration is not necessary.
>
> The last I looked, no one had made any comments there.  Has anyone tried?
>
> (anonymous postings in slashdot & the like are worthless)

The main point is, i think, to clearly say that if the core team as been
disbanded, this doesn't touch XFree86 per see, and it is more a internal
reorganisation or something such, and doesn't change anything with out
relation with the outside.

That said, i perfectly understand that these issues are quite puzzling
for outside people, who mostly know XFree86 only from using it, but
nothing of the internal quarrels we had in the past.

Friendly,

Sven Luther