I have built X for a PorwerPC board with a Silicon Motion video
controller. I have all the resolutions and colour modes working
with the exception that depth 24 and 16 have the colour information
byte swapped.

I can modify the offsets and masks for depth 24 but cannot
get depth 16 correct because of the byte swapping.

Is there a easy way to buid XFree86 with the frame buffer
memory accesses byte swapped without swapping the MMIO register
accesses ?

Charles Dobson -- Firmware Development Engineer

Concurrent Technologies,   Tel: 01206 752626
Colchester,                Fax: 01206 751116
Essex, UK.                 Web: www.cct.co.uk
                         Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  • ... Manikandan Thangavelu
    • ... Marc Aurele La France