Up to now contribs.org has chosen to provide ways of communication that can be archived and organised in different ways and fully searchable. A IRC channel is hard to archive and search in such a way (It can be done, I know). With the contribs.org forums and lists we think there are sufficient ways to communicate, share and build an archive.

As Jeff has mentioned earlier, a new site will also provide wiki capabilities so everybody can submit their how-to/tips/tricks/links etc. (Full text search)

the #e-smith channel on freenode has been quiet for a long time so there was no immediate need to claim an additional contribs.org channel. contribs.org was admin of the channel for several month's though, but we finally dropped it.

regards,
Hsing-Foo

-- Please report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] (only) to discuss security issues Support for registered customers and partners to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Searchable archive at http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo%40lists.e-smith.org