On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 03:16:12PM -0600, Jason Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To clarify, my only intention with creating the channel was to have a
> place to casually chat with other users of the E-Smith/SME distro. If it
> is wanted I can just let the channel lapse.

I think it sounds like a good idea; after all, freenode's mandate is to
supply IRC services for open-source projects. It's nice to be able to
jump on and work on things in real-time on an open protocol; it's even
nicer, in my experience, to talk about things with other developers that
are completely unrelated to the project, building up the social side of
things.

Then again, I might be biased:

-> *chanserv* info #e-smith
-ChanServ-      Channel: #e-smith
-ChanServ-      Contact: mendel, last seen: 35 weeks 4 days (19h 11m 16s) ago
-ChanServ-   Registered: 1 year 21 weeks 6 days (19h 14m 34s) ago
-ChanServ-    Last Used: 35 weeks 4 days (19h 11m 23s) ago

Just never got around to doing anything with it. :-)

CGI::IRC is a good web-based IRC client, if it was desired to have a
web chat feature on contribs.org -- but I bet a lot of developers use
freenode already.

   -Rich, aka mendel

(Good sigmonster.)

--
Rich Lafferty, System Administrator, NSSG --- +1 613 592 2122 x2513

<hachi> you people make too much money for being able to just sit on
        IRC at work :)