Folks,

Since several people asked for it, I've now got my scripts set to automagically
generate versions of the 4.1 manual that can be downloaded and read offline.

** DO NOT ** download them right now... today is a busy documentation day
and I'll be making changes throughout the day. If you wait to download until
the end of the day, you'll have all the recent changes (I'll send out a note).
However, I wanted to make you all aware of the new formats since they were
requested.

If you look at:

  http://www.e-smith.org/docs/manual/

you'll see that you now have the option to read the manual online, or to
download it as a ZIP file or a compressed tarball (.tgz). These are all
HTTP downloads at this point although eventually we can make them available
via FTP as well.  They are also big, courtesy of all the images (and they
will only get bigger!)

Note that for those of you on *fast* connections with a serious amount of RAM
in your system, I've now made a single-page version of the manual available
as well.

For the SGML-inclined, I have automated the tarball/ZIP file of the images
used in the documentation and they are available as well. Right now, I'm
only uploading the JPEG images and not the EPS images used that I intend to
use for print versions of the manual.

That's the news... watch for more to come,
Dan
--
Dan York, Director of Training        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739