stephen noble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> would you like to remind us briefly how difficult it
> would be to place SME on top of a redhat distro

If we take axonlinux as a project that has travelled this path already,
they built a new distro iso.  To be very brief.... they essentially took a
disto (SGI XFS) and added all the e-smith rpms that the distro did not
include by default.  After that you dive under the hood and test what works,
what doesn't work, modify the templates as appropriate, rebuild rpms that
need updating, add new rpms, bundle and build into a new iso... and
axonlinux was born.

Skill level required to do the above is high but anyone with time and
resources may challenge this.

Unfortunately I am deeply involed in other major projects at the moment. If
someone else would lead this project I will offer my assistance to get you
going.  I followed axonlinux and have enough knoweldge myself to be at least
a resource that might know an answer or two ;->

As time permits and as my schedule clears, I'll be happy to join in a more
fuller capacity.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com