Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> So you are suggesting a project fork. That's a lot of work, and
fragments
> the community. So you should have very good justification for proposing
> is.

Well it is only a project fork if Mitel does not join in and follow along
with the community ;->

Comments have been mentioned that 2.4 kernel has limitations.  So what.
Isn't that what a development project is all about?  I am not talking about
a production release here.  I'm talking a bleeding edge development release.
 We move forward, we find what works, what doesn't work, but the goal is to
develop the next SME release.

> Would it not be better to develop a HOWTO for a 2.4 kernel upgrade (not
> difficult) and for an ext3 file system conversion (more difficult, but
> quite doable)?

If Mitel wants this to be developed on a particular platform, in a
particular way, how about taking a leadership role and:

- publish a development roadmap
- issue a HOWTO for a 2.4 kernel upgrade
- issue a HOWTO for ext3 file system conversion

If Mitel does their part, I know the devinfo community will at least start
to accomplish the rest.

This way we do not create a project fork, we simply create a development
project and we all continue to work towards the goal of making SME better.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com