Couple of comments:

1) Some time back one of the devinfo folks supplied a link to an article
detailing an sys-admins view of the 2.4 linux kernel.  He put forward a
really good argument against switching.  I'm not proposing abandoning the
idea of a newer kernel, just pointing out some "food for thought."

adding X-server functionality to SME point us down a different path than
what SME was designed to do?  Seems to me that if a sys admin saw a need
to setup an X-server to service "thin clients," then you'd want a machine
dedicated to this task that sat behind your SME firewall.  Am I off base
here??

Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President

Logging Engineering International, Inc.