On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, little bark, BIG BYTE!! wrote:

> Because it is the direction the project *needs* to go in.

In *your* opinion. Obviously Mitel's management doesn't agree that this is
the highest priority right now, or they would be paying me to do it,
instead of the other developments which are on my TODO list.

I'd be *very* happy for someone to work out a kernel 2.4.x and ext3
upgrade strategy.  I'd be interested in doing it myself, but I don't have
the time to do it right now, and I don't have an urgent need for it
either.

> It would seem that there is agreement there also.

Even if there were agreement (which there isn't) we are still left with
question of who should do it. We all have all of the ingredients, so any
of us could do it. Is there any good reason that we should ask, say,
Darrell to do it, rather than ask you?

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739