Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> [I don't see how this handholding helps "samba development".]

Sharing of knowledge is tremendously beneficial to any development.  I've
found rebuilding the samba source for SME is not a trivial undertaking.
With the knowledge that has been shared, I've been able to understand the
basics and move forward.

This required implementing all the dependencies required to rebuild from the
samba source (about a dozen rpms) then perform the rebuild on samba-2.2.4-3
and 2.2.5-4 source.

I'm now building a 5.1.2 and 5.5 test server and seeing if these rebuilds
work.  I'll let everyone know the results as soon as I'm done.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com