Darrell May wrote:

> Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>>[I don't see how this handholding helps "samba development".]
> Sharing of knowledge is tremendously beneficial to any development.  I've
> found rebuilding the samba source for SME is not a trivial undertaking.
> With the knowledge that has been shared, I've been able to understand the
> basics and move forward.

Agreed.  I attempted to build Samba 2.2.3 when it came out, with no
success.  When I asked Mitel what they did, they told me to build the
RPMs on a Redhat box, which I did.  Problem is, SME isn't stock RedHat.
  The RPMS built and installed fine on my Redhat box, but wouldn't on my
SME machine as it uses an older kernel.  This means that you have to
install all of the supporting RPMs on your SME machine and build there.
    As Darnell pointed out, this is not a trivial undertaking...

I memory servers, when I asked Charlie what they did to build the RPMs,
he simply built them and posted on the Mitel site.

--
Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President

Logging Engineering International, Inc.