On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 23:41, Gordon Rowell wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 02:52:13PM +1000, Brad Hards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:51, Dan York wrote:
> > > - The timezone can now be set during system installation. The default
> > >   timezone is US/Eastern (for English installs) and Canada/Eastern
> > >   (for Canadian French installs).
> >
> > Why don't you try getting it from another machine first?
> > One of the fields in SMB can provide this. Unfortunately I don't remember
> > the details. Will try to dredge it up.
>
> We can't assume that there are any other machines on the network.
You don't need to _rely_ on this. However it looks very cool when the freshly
installed e-smith server can guess where it is. At least, that was Tridge's
concept for a Quantum SnapServer :)
And there probably will be another machine running windows....

> The defaults are reasonable for the languages, but there are picklists
> in the installer if you want to choose another timezone.
The defaults suck if you're not an American.

Brad

--
http://conf.linux.org.au. 22-25Jan2003. Perth, Australia. Birds in Black.