At 20:45 03/07/2002 -0400, Rich Lafferty wrote:

 > Funny, I find them quite convenient. :-)
 > (Seriously -- 25 of 26 timezones will dislike any default. That's why
 > you're prompted to select one. In my experience, there's no reason to
 > think that desktop machines on the same network will be configured
 > right -- especially when it comes to timezones that observe daylight
 > savings time. In the time it's taken me to write this, I could've
 > chosen thirty timezones.)

This would be good if the prompt actually resulted in the timezone being
correctly set. It doesn't! In precisely the same infuriating way that the
MS-Windows setups ask where you are and then continue to offer US options,
your setup asks where you are and then ignores the answer and sets your
timezone for USA East anyway.

Ed Form