On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 December 2003 11:11 am, Gordon Rowell wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 08:30:58AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > It has been a long wait for some packages, and it is nice to see.
> >
> > Please provide specifics - you presumably have packages in mind with
> > such a statement - what are they?
>
> Is this is truely important, now that it appears that you have complied with
> releasing everything ?

For the most part, there is nothing to "comply" with, Bob. Mitel is the
copyright holder to the e-smith-* packages in the SME server. The GPL does
not apply to Mitel for these packages, and Mitel is under no obligation to
release the source. When it does so, it is a gift, to you and the
community. The GPL attached to these packages is the license that Mitel
gives you.

> If so then I can supply some details.

You made the accusation/insinuation, so you should clarify exactly what
you have had a long wait for. It seems that you feel you have been badly
treated by me/us/Mitel. Perhaps you can explain why you feel that.

> However I am, as I stated above, thrilled that you guys are doing all that you
> can to make sure all the source is around to use in the future.

I'm curious, Bob, as to why you are so interested in the source
availability. Are you planning to make some modifications? Do you have any
source code to share with us?

Mitel Networks Corporation      http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.