On 23/01/14 07:25, Tom Sparks wrote:
> I am wondering if insert-only freenet nodes could be done?
>

> ps: I know insert-only nodes goes against freenet's philosophy
There have been discussions about reintroducing "transient mode", e.g.
for tunneling the first hop over a third party onion network, we'd want
a simple (possibly TCP only) client protocol that allows the client to
verify the keys etc. Also you could use it for mobile access (one-way
darknet connection from your mobile node to your home node *and* your
friends' home nodes), or even from web pages.

It's worth looking into IMHO.

Of course it opens enormous opportunities for DoS attacks, so load from
"clients" should be carefully limited, and it should be optional
(especially on opennet).

There has been some discussion of this on FMS, I'm not reading FMS in
term time ...

Also note that transient "clients" would have precisely no anonymity!