On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 1:29 AM, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT
Team <webmas...@environmentalchange.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Pascal Voitot wrote:
> >> Hm, one thing I'd like to have before going forward with this app is a
> >> better event management. The observation component is good, but we're
> >> not using it enough. On top of it, we should build a workflow module.
> >> Once we have this, writing a publishing control system should be easy.
> >> At least a basic one, I don't know what those strange names you used
> >> (HIPAA, HL7) imply.
> >>
> >> About integrating with another tool, this is also a good idea, provided
> >> that the tool provides nice APIs, and the tool is complex enough to make
> >> a velocity replacement hard to implement.
> >>

> > Please guys, don't use heavy orchestration industrial engines. I use them
> > all my days and there are really a pain, almost crazy. I can't understand
> > why people continue to go in this way just to design automaton with few
> > states and actions.
> > Pleaaaaaaaaaase don't do that ;)
>
> Please, what are these "heavy orchestration industrial engines" you
> propose to avoid? Thanks!

things like workflow engines such as jBPM, Bonita or even if we are crazier,
BPEL (I don't see why we could use BPEL here but I really think this is the
example of a technology that  :) )... I don't say these engines are really
bad but they are too much complicated, too much theoretic, too heavy for a
simple workflow...