2009/7/27 [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team <
webmas...@environmentalchange.net>

> Pascal Voitot wrote:
> > sorry for my last empty mail... clicked too quick...
> >
> > I think about Sharepoint for example... this is the first answer you get
> > when dealing with content management in companies where office networks
> > already run on Microsoft technos...
> > I should have a look at it to have some arguments to say this might not
> be
> > the best solution... apparently it can mix content with structured data
> as
> > XWiki can do with classes/objects... Anyone knows about it?
> >

> Sorry, Pascal, I don't understand what content does mean here. Are not
> strutured data content? Won't be better to say something like
> "apparently it can mix structured and unstructured data" being "content"
> reserved for the whole "thing"?  And I don't understand the comparison
> with the use of classes/objects in XWiki.

Yes this is exactly what I mean... you can mix some structured data and
unstructured also...
In my mind, classes/objects in XWiki are the structured data and the
classical Wiki content is the "unstructured" data...

> Do you thing to put an example is worth here?

I can't give an example as I don't have sharepoint :)

> I am struggling to navigate in the structured data/documents world and
> getting the right terminology. After only a few weeks back in an old
> path I've abandoned for more than a year, I think that what we are
> looking for here is a on-line/off-line Schema-Guided Document-Editing
> Interface (Schema being here DTD, XML Schema, or whatever other language
> developed to describe XML schemas). To be able to decide if XWiki would
> be the framework for such an objective will be of a great help!

Don't understand what you mean with your XML Schemas? Do you want to
represent your structured data with schemas?