Osamu,

        Answers below

On 19. 11. 15 14:47, Osamu Aoki wrote:

But it helps to keep package up-to-date.

Interesting.  Where is it?

https://packages.debian.org/sid/main/license-reconcile

(My "debmake -k" does similar.)

Unlike you, my script (debmake-cc) bunch year into a single range for
simplicity.

I can't find what you are referring to here.

Just to reiterate my idea is that converting from source to DEP-5 is hard. So you give up on that and concentrate on reconciling the two instead. Obviously the initial conversion has to be done manually or at best semi-manually, but subsequently it is a small burden to keep everything in sync.

So bunching the years is not a big concern in my code since that is a one off actviity.

Osamu