James,
It happens that myself, Osamu and Dominique have all looked into the issue of how to support and maintain the new copyright format. It's presumably not a coincidence then that we all found ourselves contributing to devscripts.

I am actually feeling quite ambivalent about my tool. On the one hand I don't see why anybody would take a different approach. On the other hand it is still immature and an utter pain to use. Thankfully it's focus is not on generating the file but keeping it uptodate.

So my concrete proposal is that once the 2.15.10 (or should it be 2.16.0?) is uploaded the three of us all try out our tools and see which works best, and how they work together.