On Mon, 05 Feb 2001, Emmett Lazich wrote:

> Can anyone offer a suggestion for importing Visio vsd files into dia?
>
> I thought I had it licked when I noticed that Visio appeared to be able
> to export in postscript format(s) and pstoedit can convert such
> postscript files into dxf format.
>
> However vector file format exporting in Visio 5.0 seems to be broken.
> Besides, it would be more convenient to be able to do this vsd to dia
> import without requiring Visio at all!

We would add vsd import in an eyeblink except that the format is
proprietary just like most other Microsoft programs formats.  Anyone who
can figure out the format will be awarded the Dia Medal of Honor.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg