-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe Beckmann
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:16 PM
To: The Digital Divide Network discussion group
Subject: Re: [DDN] Google Insights - social networking

A meeting of minds is far from difficult: western techniques are easier to
transport than western technology - and netting via medicine men is
virtually how the Edna McConnell Clark foundation almost wiped out Trachoma
(http://www.trachoma.org/).

It's a lot more complicated than condoms imply, since it takes disclosure to
deal with condoms, and that disclosure is pretty culture-bound. Hence 52% of
the new HIV cases in the US are black women. The newest rage of PEP pill
pushing is much, much more controversial - if anybody has any real interest
in ending the epidemic - since (a) we've known for more than a decade that
it works, and waited until pharma found a financial incentive to make it
popular and (b) we've also known that it doesn't take a lifetime of pill
taking, in spite of last week's notice that it is precisely that treatment
that pharma is now pushing. The corruption of the west is something that
spreads a lot faster and easier than our benevolence.

http://www.google.com/insights/search/#cat=&q=facebook&geo=&date=&clp=&cmpt=

> > > Trinidad>

> > > creating." -
> > > really