Dear All,

Please pass this on to your networks:

Women'sNet and Cell-Life are partners in a global study about how social
networking* technology has changed and will change the way people communicate
about issues and behaviours that impact on HIV vulnerability.

We are examining initiatives in South Africa that use social networks - mobile
or online- that deal in part or in whole, with HIV/AIDS.

If you would like to tell us about your initiatives - and they need not be
formal or large scale or even organizationally based- we would like to hear
about them!

Please send an email to Sally-Jean Shackleton (sal...@womensnet.org.za) by
February 2, 2009, to be included in the research.

* we use social networking as shorthand for communications between groups of
people mediated by digital technologies. This mediation often takes place in
online social networking platforms such as /Facebook/, accessed via computers
or, increasingly, mobile phones.

Thank you
The Women'sNet Team and Cell-Life
http://www.womensnet.org.za
http://www.cell-life.org.za

More About Women'sNet:
Women'sNet is an innovative feminist organisation that works to advance gender
equality and justice in South Africa through the use of Information and
Communication Technologies (ICTs).
More About Cell-Life
Cell-Life is a pioneering initiative that provides effective technology-based
solutions for the management of HIV/AIDS.

submitted by Janet Feldman, kai...@earthlink.net