hi digital divide network community,

   for those of you who like fun logic puzzles, some commercial apple II
educational software i designed in 1989 can now be played online in your web
browser. i've even played these on my ubuntu linux computer after i installed
java onto that computer.

    i designed these puzzles for 3rd and 4th graders, but i've seen children as
young as three years old enjoy them. some older students enjoy them, too.

    when this software was evaluated by teachers in the iowa city community
school district, the evaluators rated this software 5 out of 5.

     these puzzles are mostly self explanatory, but you might benefit from
watching this quicktime screencast i created.

http://tinyurl.com/dc25cx

      thanks for passing along word about these puzzles to youth or adults you
know who would enjoy playing them.

Number Squares logic puzzles on the web (runs on any web browser that has Java
installed)

http://virtualapple.org/2listN.html

(click on the words Number Squares at the bottom of this web site)

             phil

yes, it's quite something seeing one's creative work from 20 years ago come
alive again in a web browser. it's like revisiting a favorite friend that you
haven't seen in many years.

--
Phil Shapiro  pshap...@his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html

"Wisdom starts with wonder." - Socrates

"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The
occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As
our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall
ourselves, and then we shall save our country." Abraham Lincoln (1862)