Hello dear
my senior is for my Bsc. in Information science was on" level of Utilization of
ICT by the blind in Ethiopia" can it help someone?

--- On Mon, 3/10/08, J Cravens <j...@coyotecommunications.com> wrote:

From: J Cravens <j...@coyotecommunications.com>
Subject: [DDN] ICT and disabilities: Seeing in the cyberworld
To: "The Digital Divide Network discussion group"
<digitaldivide@digitaldivide.net>
Date: Monday, March 10, 2008, 6:39 AM

ICT and disabilities: Seeing in the cyberworld
25-02-2008 (Beijing)
"In line with the Universal Access to Information principle, UNESCO
is committed to consistently addressing the challenges brought about
by disabilities in China. From early projects on vocational training
in massage techniques for visually impaired young people, its
initiatives have evolved to embrace digital opportunities...
Information and communication technologies (ICT) were the enabler of
choice to allow people with disabilities to compete at the high end
of the job market. In cooperation with the UNESCO Office in Beijing,
the Beijing Disabled Persons' Federation (BDPF) developed and
conducted courses on cartoon-design and typesetting training for 71
unemployed physically challenged people. The training helped them to
find employment as multimedia graphic cartoon editors, cover and
package designers and professional typesetters in the public and
private sectors."

http://portal.unesco.org/ci/en/ev.php-URL_ID=26030&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

--
Ms. Jayne Cravens MSc

Services for Nonprofits/NGOs/Civil Society
www.coyotecommunications.com

www.ivisit.com id: jcravens.4947