Friends:

Here is a message (on simputers) I received from Ms Laina Raveendran Greene, an ICT4D consultant working out of California and Singapore. In fact Laina must have met Dr Swami Manohar, one of the founders of the simputer project, as both of them were there at the PANASIA review meeting of IDRC held a few years ago at Vientiane. Can Swami Manohar please get in touch with laina? Thanks and best wishes.

Arun

Thanks for copying me on this note Prof Arun.

I am so happy to see that the Simputer is finally making the light of day. I
was truly hoping for its success when it was first announced many years
back. By the way, I am told that the content development side that they
support is IML. Is there any chance we can talk to them and make connection
with say, Macromedia? If they want to grow into mainstream market they will
need to adopt a mainstream technology like Flash or Java SDK or Both. This
will allow for development of new and exciting visual content e.g for
elearning. Do you have connections to talk to them about this?

Just a thought shared from the GetIT team in Singapore.

Best Regards,
Laina