what strikes me most about the next steps in this
disaster is the opportunity that exists to utilize the
models being applied in developing countries to create
sustainable communities.  what comes immediately to
mind is the Village Knowledge Centers in Chennai ,
Patriensa, and the Hewlett Packard e-inclusion
villages.

The DOT force provides information on international
corporations engaged in meeting the Millennium
Goals..... certainly we can use these ideas and
resources for ideas?

is there anyone at FEMA, the Red Cross, Salvation Army
who is knowledgeable about these models for
development?

I just don't like the idea of setting up plastic
quonset hut villages 20 miles outside New Orleans....
we could assist these individuals with small loaons to
begin businesses .... marketing their recipes,
fashions, music...

t hink greenpeace

who would we contact to start things moving in this
direction?

Deborah Phelan

For quick access to resources:
http://www.fluidarts.orb/babel