Hi Deborah,

I would check with your local ASPCA chapter. The aspca.org website might have local listings of events, but I haven't checked. In the case of Boston, this event was scheduled before the hurricane, so it's just a coincidence that they're able to put to good use.

ac

Deborah Phelan wrote:

hi andy,
are you aware of any other cities in US that do
similar marches? Would love to duplicate this in SF.

Deborah

--- Andy Carvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Next Saturday, September 10, the MSCPA will host
their annual Walk for Animals fundraising event in Boston, on Boston Common. In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, they're going to put special emphasis on raising money for animal rescue-related activities in the
hurricane-affected region.

I've formed a team for the walk, called Bloggers for
Animals, and I'm hoping that I can pull together a group of Boston-area bloggers, blog-using educators and technology activists to register for the walk and help raise money for the event.

http://www.walkforanimals.com/bloggers

Even if you're not a blogger, if you're in the
Boston area, please join us for this fundraiser to help unite pets with their
loved ones.

--
Andy Carvin

Deborah Phelan