> Dear DDN'ers,
>
> I am looking to use a G3 iBook to bring some multimedia material to a
> classroom.  I'm landline-locked at the moment, and am wondering if anyone
> has any ideas on cost-effective avenues for wireless (AirPort cards,
> etc.).
>
> Thanks,
> Rushton

hi rushton -

    while the airport card for your G3 iBook has been discontinued (in
favor of the airport extreme card), you can still buy airport cards
from several mail order vendors.  try http://www.megamacs.com  or
http://www.powerbookguy.com

    the airport card installs underneath the keyboard in your ibook. i can
step you thru the process via a skype phone chat.

        hope this helps,

            - phil

> Rushton Hurley
> Santa Clara, CA, USA
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Phil Shapiro  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/ (personal)
http://www.digitaldivide.net/blog/pshapiro (blog)
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/pshapiro (technology access work)
http://mytvstation.blogspot.com/ (video and rich media)

"Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others." - Desiderata