Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:47:08 -0500
From: "Will Reed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [DDN] Katrina help! Please donate an hour.
To: "The Digital Divide Network discussion group"
        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Rebecca and DDN friends,

With the help of volunteers from Yahoo, we worked together to create a
web crawler that have used quite successfully here in Houston.  Go to
http://news.yahoo.com/katrinahelp and put a name in the box on the top
right of the page. Click "enter" and it will web crawl all of the
various databases. Since all the sites are "crawled" we have chosen a
very simple site for evacuees to list themselves as survivors or to list
loved ones they are looking for. On the list of sites we have aggregated
is Family Messages which allows individuals to write extended comments
and provide other information in the comments section.  We have also
aggregated many other tools on the site.

Will