For any of you who would like to take up John's offer, I'm hosting the next
Tutor/Mentor Leadership Conference in Chicago on November 18 and 19.  Part
of  this conference will be a symposium built off of needs assessment
survey's  we've done in previous conference that tell us the most important
needs of  tutor/mentor programs are people and dollars.

In the symposium we'll set up 2-3 hour meetings where people will share
their own experience and where we'll try to do a SWAT analysis of strengths,
weakness, threats and opportunities to the "tutor/mentor movement". As we
brainstorm opportunities, our  goal is that individual programs, or groups
of programs will act on those ideas to create solutions.

I'll be linking the face to face part of the conference with an internet
portal where people who attend the Chicago conference, and who cannot come
to  Chicago for the conference, can add their own ideas and network with
others around specific topics.

I'll also be linking to the WiAOC online conference which will connect the
T/MC with people from around the world. I'm hoping to do a workshop in that
conference that links participants in WiAOC with the participants of the
T/MC.  The ULR for the WiAOC is at:
http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005.htm

I feel that a digital learning, communications and collaboration strategy
should be integrated into any volunteer-based tutor/mentor program, thus
many of those organizations with a technology mission may already linked
into the DDN and its discussions of collaboration, elearning and capacity
building.  I provide many links on my web site to enable a crossover from
T/MC site visitors to DDN and its network.

Thus, if any of you would like to take a role in presenting information, or
facilitating discussions in the T/MC portal, please volunteer. At the same
time, if any of you are organizing an on-line forum such as John has
suggested, during this same time frame, I encourage you to link to the T/MC
Conference, and to other conferences on the same topic, such as WiAOC.

You can find more information on the Tutor/Mentor Conference at
http://www.tutormentorconference.bigstep.com

Daniel F. Bassill
Tutor/Mentor Connection
http://www.tutormentorconnection.org