Hi everyone,

Taran Rampersad recently posted a message to his blog, www.knowprose.com, about the fact that he's recently been added to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taran_Rampersad

While reading the discussion on the entry's talk page, it occurred to me that there wasn't a category on Wikipedia for listing entries about digital divide activists. There are probably more digital divide activists in Wikipedia than I realize; just searching for a few DDN members and other colleagues I found others including Bonnie Bracey, John "Maddog" Hall, MS Swaminathan and Randal Pinkett. (I'm in there as well.)

So, I went ahead and created a new Wikipedia page for Digital Divide activists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Digital_Divide_activists

This page is automatically updated whenever a wikipedia entry has a tag added to the bottom of the page designating that entry as a digital divide activist. For example, I was able to add Bonnie's name to the list by editing her wikipedia entry and adding this code at the bottom:

[[Category:Digital Divide activists|Bracey, Bonnie]]

As you can see, the format is fairly simple; you just edit the last section of it to include a person's surname, followed by their first name. So if you know of anyone who's a digital divide activist and happens to be listed in Wikipedia, please feel free to add this category tag to their wikipedia entry so they will be added to the digital divide activists page. And if you know a well-known activist who should be added to wikipedia, please feel free to create a new entry from scratch - the more the merrier...

andy

--
Andy Carvin

http://www.digitaldivide.net