One of the great features with MixW is the "TNC Emulation".  You can run other programs and pipe them through MixW as your TNC so that you have the advantages of the soundcard plus the features of your packet program.  You can use FBB, MSYS, or most any other packet program and have it all.
73  Mark  KQ0I
Des Moines, IA

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:45:07 -0500 "Herman D. Chandler \"Don\"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Jon, when I saw your comments, I decided to download the necessary drivers and so on for Packet using MixW.  I set it up in the Kiss mode and it works well.  When I connect to other stations, I don't have a problem giving the necessary commands.  I also have a Kantronics KAM XL and the KAM of course, does much more than MixW will do on packet.  However, I am pleased with what it does do and It does so much more if you consider all of the many modes.  I don't think you wasted your bucks but it does take some learning before you can get everything set up.  There is a lot of information on the internet that will help you.
Aloha 73 Don- AB4KR

----- Original Message -----
From: Jon
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 10:19 PM
Subject: [digitalradio] Sound Card Packet via RigBlaster

I'm in need of some help from someoone who is familliar with
Rigblaster and Packet. I was exited when I got it up until the point I
hooked it all up. I then realised that there are no instructions how
to operate the &*$! thing! I tried trial and error, no luck. I can
connect to a node but if I try to enter the commands the node lists
(don't know if doing it correctly) it does nothing. So far all I can
do is watch beacons transmit and watch the same people get e-mail
notifications. Is this all packet is cracked up to be? WOW, lots of
fun. I'm starting to think I wasted $100
Someone help me, please. Reply via e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org