Brad wrote:

> > The above is news to me. I rarely hear any digital signals on 40M
>  much
> > below 7.065. The bulk of keyboard digital activity seems to take
>  place
> > from about 7.069-7.075 or so. If there is a trend towards digital
>  qsos
> > down around 7020-7040 it is not discernible. > de Roger W6VZV
> >

>  Roger, listen for Europe on psk on 7035 USB. Lots of it there.
>  Currently hearing two weak signals as the band closes, RA6 and 9A1.
>  Most of my RTTY QSO's to the USA during contests occur between 7030-
>  7055.
>
>  Brad VK2QQ

Somebody from Las Vegas worked a station in Johannesburg as soon as
I finished my QSO. I made it just before sunrise in ZS...one of the
comments
was that the ZS op already had his first cup of coffee, and it was still
dark there.

Maybe the Rockies are blocking the path....8-)

Quite few spanish, french, italian and german stations can be heard as
soon as the sun
goes down here. The sun sets 3 hours later in California. And it is true
that many of them
vanish after their midnight, as in the Cinderella tale. Those are their
sleeping hours, some
nine hours different from those in the West Coast.

Maybe the chinese woodpecker is obliterating them too in California...

73 de Jose, CO2JA