Bruce,

It is uncertain that a typical OFDM 5W signal spread over 100 kHz
would have enough power density to break the squelch
on an FM receiver.

In other words, FM rigs may not even hear the 100 kHz signal.
If they bother to open their squelch, they may note a slight
increase in background noise level, but that is about it.

Try to think of it this way.  You are operating CW using a 250
hertz filter amd a weak SSB signal comes up right on top of you.
Chances are you could operate right through it with no problem.

Another example of imaginary QRM issues is on 2.4 GHz, where
I operate the most.  The FM-ATV stations fire up right on top of our
HSMM signals all the time.  It is accidental.  They hear our 20 MHz
wide signal as a slight increase in the background noise level.
That QRM lowers our data rate a bit, but it is no big deal, so we
don't mind sharing the frequency with them at all.  They up their
power if they need to compensate for us just as you might with
any noisy band condition,  Sp we peacefully co-exist on the same
band and even the same frequencies...sort of, just much different BWs.

In a time period shorter than most of us realize, most of the VHF and
UHF bands will be all digital.  The FCC is moving all other users
in that direction anyway.  No more WFM, just NFM, etc.  They want greater
spectral efficiency.

Look at D-Star digital voice!  It is only 6 kHz bandwidth.

John