From: bruce mallon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Comments to ARRL on New Digi Protocols
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 08:14:08 -0700 (PDT)

--- Skip Teller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > Bruce, the center frequency of my skeleton-slot
 > design is 144.2 MHz, as it is specifically intended
 > for SSB operation.

INTERESTING .... I could not remember the name it's
been too long but the antenna worked as good as
stacked 7 elm cushcrafts back in the DAYS OF 2 METER
AM. MY use of them and the one station here in
tampabat shows this array is very good as you describe
in a semi directinal net antenna use with a wide lobe
which requires less turning.

YOUR COMMENT...
Email, cell phone, telephone, and SMS are so
 > pervasive today, I don't see as great a need for
 > message relay by radio like we used to do, but hams
 > can provide a message bridge to a person outside the
 > disaster zone when nobody else can.

NOW thoes who are pushing digital need to remember
many of us USE digital where we find it is a good
choice. THE BIG PROBLEM WAS THE 100KHZ wide stuff.

It dosn't take a moon rocket designer to know what
would have happened when 6 and 2 are open and if we
are talking NARROW band digital and the ARRL keeps its
meeting open it will go much better the next time.

bruce

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated
for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.