Thanks for some real world experiences. I have no doubt that if you are
running close to the MUF you can run the high speeds with strong
signals. Based upon the published numbers, the signal has to be very
good, and often well above tests that I have tried using the RDFT based
modes which can not handle much below +10 dB S/N at 122 baud.

What has been your experience using this technology on lower bands for
NVIS and closer in communication, particularly in the zero to 200 mile
ranges?

When it is operating at 300 bps, is that also the baud rate?

Would it give you about the same throughput as 300 baud packet and how
does the bandwidth compare?

r_lwesterfield wrote:

> My Rockwell ARC-190 v8 HF radio and a Rockwell Q9600 modem at “the
> office” into the SCOPE Command network works very well for e-mail
> INTERNET access but I do have access to 3khz wide channels. This is
> military hardware (spelled expensive!!) but it does work and I have
> seen 8 kbps out of a theoretical 9.6 kbps max running the STANAG 4539
> single tone protocol. I have seen it hang in there at maybe 300 bps as
> low as -4 db SNR but no lower – it just falls apart after that. Thus,
> it does work for some of us and these terms are Google-able if you
> want more information.
>
> Rick – KH2DF

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional