From: Miroslav Skoric (YT7MPB) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: New Hams and New Digital Technology
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 11:16 AM

            expeditionradio wrote:

> A blatant example was what we saw with abolition of morse testing. If

> the old morse test wasn't enough to scare away the first generation of

> computer-raised youngsters, then the next generation of web kids was

> turned off by the vitriol spewed by those who fought to keep ham radio

> locked in the 19th Century. After ham radio stupidly shot ourselves in

> that foot, we sat back and allowed a huge and vicious attack on

> Winlink and Echolink. There went the next wave of youngsters.

Some time ago I wrote to ARRL asking for donating free copies of QST and

their promotive materials I could use to promote ham radio during

various technical conferences in Europe. They refused with an

explanation they preferred other ham radio societies to promote the

hobby, rather than individual hams doing that.

Recently I wrote to the QRZ editors for the same reason. They did not

bother to reply at all.

So far about 'efficient' promoting of ham radio ...

73

Misko YT7MPB

PS: Btw, does anybody know whom to contact about copies of old articles

of Greg Jones WD5IVD: 'Packet Radio Prospects for Educational Data

Communications' (1992) and 'An Educator's Alternative to Costly

Telecommunications' (1992). (I would need copies of them for reviewing

and referencing in my planned book chapter.)