PAX and PAX2 can only handle the 6 bit ASCII character set. We would
need at least a 7 bit ASCII character set for upper and lower case,
control characters, etc. If you only wanted to use it for something like
standard message traffic though it could be implemented since you can
then use it across the lowest common denominator which means the
characters that can be passed with CW.

One of the (many) interesting things about Multipsk is that it also has
a 110 baud packet mode. Has anyone considered using this in place of 300
baud? The biggest obstacle, of course, is that the hardware designs
probably do not support the slower speed, but I think you will find that
the slower speed will often allow traffic through that would have no
chance at all with 300 baud.

Is anyone using this now or ever tried it but found it just did not work
for out?