From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Rick W
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 09:07
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] illinoisdigital group

If it is true that Yahoo will just stop a group based on complaints,
then that is very troubling as it could happen to any group with
malicious activities by certain individuals making false claims.

However, he indicated that he had no warning from Yahoo.

As owner of another group that had Mark's posts at times, which were
repeated on various groups, the material he was presenting was not spam
that I saw, but directly associated with amateur radio, usually digital
radio.

If you are referring to sending information to an individual to join a
group, is that spam when it is related to their interest area? I have
sent messages to specific individuals to join the HFDEC group when I
felt that they would be the type of hams who would find that of value.

I admit that Mark was a major promoter of his specific digital
interests, but we each have our specific interests.

moderator, HFDEC (Hams for Disaster and Emergency Communications)