From: Rick W <mrf...@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] illinoisdigital group
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, February 23, 2009, 1:59 PM

I agree that what Mark did was clearly overzealous. If he did this to my
group I could see that he could be removed or better yet blocked from
posting if you don't want to deal with having to moderate each message.
That would have given him a stronger message.

But the fact is that you would not find a stronger promoter of digital
ham radio anyplace. Consider the effort and cost he has donated to the
cause with his promotional efforts and travel.

I can see where Yahoo could threaten him with taking down the group if
they really have received the number of complaints that posters have
indicated.

What I have a real problem with is if they did not warn him. I do not
think it is appropriate to just destroy a group without some warning. If
they had warned him and he continued to do the messaging, then that is
another thing. Otherwise, as I mentioned, a concerted effort by
malicious individuals could cause the destruction of any group.