Except for the fact that PSK has no error correction, no compression, no
formatting capabilities and no way to accurately know if the traffic was
delivered properly other than read back, your figures are fairly
accurate.

Fortunately, most Winlink traffic is moved on NTIA spectrum, where it is
able to run full speed.

I am not a large Winlink fan, but I do like 2K MT-63, and I am
encouraged by the 2K WINMOR mode that is currently being tested.

I don't suspect much development of the newer wide-and modes will be
wasted on Amateur spectrum in the future, as most of the long haul and
critical traffic transport seems to be migrating toward NTIA spectrum,
and leaving the short-haul for VHF where wideband and closed-squelch
operation are a given.

It further divides Amateur Radio, but at least those who move to where
their assistance is helpful can take advantage of modern technology.

For keyboard to keyboard, where nothing more important than Call, QTH
and 59 needs to be passed, BPSK is exceptionally spectrum efficient.

 It would be wonderful if a single piece of traffic could be moved on
multiple BPSK streams in a parallel fashion.

However, when you factored in the redundancy needed to provided
error-free reception, I would wager the end result would consume wider
bandwidth and take more time.

But, for the 99% that the other 1% are defending by operating in the
true interest of preserving the Amateur Radio Service, wideband digital
modes are a waste of valuable DX or contesting spectrum.

If it wasn't for DXing and contests, us Rabid digital dinks would never
get the lawn mowed.....  :)

And Amateur Radio is a "Big Tent" endeavor; when properly executed,
provides something for everyone.

David
KD4NUE