Russell,

MultiPSK is able to send and received email via Winlink 2000 using its
141A (ALE) mode and one of the HFN pilot stations (see
http://hflink.com) which are generally accessible on most HF bands
throughout North America. MultiPSK will also allow you to export all the
received mail into Outlook Express and allow sending too.

Throughput is nowhere near as fast as Pactor-III but it does work and
for important messages is an acceptable solution that doesn't require an
external/expensive proprietary modem.

In time perhaps the WINMOR mode will be the best solution to your
problem but it's still in development.

As Per said, definitely look into PSKMail too. Perhaps a combination of
PSKMail and WL2K ALE could work for you?

For high volume or non-amateur "commercial" email you would be better
thinking about wifi, cellular and/or satellite internet for your RV.
Guess it depends how far into the boonies you plan to go.

73 Sholto
K7TMG