From: Per <n59...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] PSKMail Windows server?
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 4:05 PM

Hi Rick,

Great that you decided to try out the java client, good to hear that you had
some success as well.
Yes, any server that receives a ping will respond. I see that WB5CON did answer
your pings and that you were able to link and connect to that server.
I also see that you were able to list the files at the server, wasn't many
files there (only pings.log) but the listing worked :-)

The server saying "Hi KV9U, pse update your record" is an indication that it
lacks information about you (how to get your email for instance). You can enter
settings through the options and then upload them to the server when connected.
You can then access your pop email account, send email etc. You can also do
stuff without updating any info on the server, browsing the web, getting camp
sites, weather and much more.

Much of what you can do with the java client is in the fast start pdf that came
with it, you may also have a look at the wiki where much of the information
about the linux client is applicable, that info is available here:
http://pskmail. wikispaces. com/operation

As you said the java client is not 100% complete yet and the TTY mode will be
added, its on a list of things to implement :-)

73 de Per, sm0rwo