Well, I managed to get Puppy Linux 4.2 to boot from CD with this old
laptop, and even got the internet connectivity issue resolved. Puppy 4.2
found the USB10T interface with no problem, and within a few minutes I was
able to check my email and use the web. That was the good news.

    The bad news is that apparently 96M isn't enough to do a full install of
Puppy. Tried it twice and the system locks up before the installation is
complete. Set up the hard drive as ext3 format with boot flag set, but no
go.

    I did find 128M of RAM for the laptop for $40, but not ready to invest
any money into this thing. Was only planning on setting it up as a backup to
my main PC in case of failure.

    I have tried Linux a couple of times in the past. I had Ubuntu on my
main PC, set up as a dual boot system. There are a lot of things to like
about Linux, however I'm not ready to give myself over to it completely. I'm
hooked on the DXLab suite of software, and don't want to switch to another
system at this time.

    Going to play around with it some more, but as you say, I may have to
spend more money to get it to work than it's worth hi!

Tnx es 73
Dave
KB3MOW