Try reversing the polarity, or switch to LSB.

Bob, W5XR

From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Christopher K. Greenhalgh
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:29 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] HF RTTY help

Hello all!

Newbie to the group, and to HF RTTY as well, and have a question...

My equipment is an Icom 746 Pro interfaced with a Kantronics KAM+. The
terminal software is XPWare.

I'm an old school packeteer, so I know I have every thing installed
correctly (it works fine on the VHF side) and I have all the correct
parameters (45 baud, shift/mark/space tone freqs, ect)in place when I go
over to do RTTY.

Okay, so I start tuning around 14.080 USB, and can clearly hear RTTY tones.
I use the KAMs meter to home in on the signal, but when I get there, I just
get gibberish to the screen. I know its trying to decode it, as the
gibberish will go away if I tune off just a little bit.

I've been messing with this for a week...any ideas?

Thanks much!

73.

-Chris

Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT