you are right I do like multipsk and particularly ALE400. Works well in to
the noise .

I don't find it hard to use, but I have spent some time using the software
and am not intimidated by the user interface. When I try to encourage others

to try it out , their first reaction is that the software is too complex..
and they are thrown off by the interface.

I would be reluctant to suggest this mode for emcomm use since the same
operators would also be overcome by the interface, with the added stressors
of whatever the incident is. Probably be OK for the first couple of
operating  periods but beyond that less experienced operators would be
thrown into the mix.

I have suggested to Patrick in the past that he does an emcomm version of
multipsk.. PSK,MFSK, ALE 400 and 141, and maybe Olivia. Not to remove these
from the software but just take all the other options off the user
interface.. hide the buttons of you wish.  At the time, he was not
interested.

John

VE5MU