DANNY DOUGLAS wrote:
> Bonnie, sitting on the side, I see both sides of this.  You, on one hand,
> always appear to be pushing expansion of new modes

I'm no fan of the way in which many contest stations seem to use, and
abuse, the band plans, but neither am I a fan of digital modes that,
maybe unintentionally at times, trample upon other legitimate users of
the bands either...

Unfortunately, legislating against either abuse is both unlikely to work
and probably impossible to implement.

Personally, I would like the organisers of the various contests to
enforce their own rules against persistent offenders.  However,
experience over many years suggests that they either will not, or dare
not, do this, which begs the question "why have the rules?"

I would prefer that the DX community did not trample on top of people at
times, and listen before they transmitted and I would like the Band
Police to not transmit over the top of what they think should, or should
not, be done on a frequency.

I would also like the ALE and digital community to recognise that they
share the bands with everyone else and are not immune from the 'listen
before use' rule either.

However, these are just my 'would like to have' and are obviously not
shared by the majority, as they do not happen.

Dave (G0DJA)