I have seen the same thing.  One of the problems is that 20 and 15 are the two
dx freqs in the daytime, where we might reasonably contact other scouts, in the
rest of the world.  I.E.  That is the typical Scout hangout for contacts.  Most
activity is late morning/early afternoon,  because of other activities, such as
cooking, eating, and traveling.  We must work around all other regular Scout
activities, in order to get a few hours in, on the air.

Its not only that, but many people work all week, and the weekends are their
sole period of time for hamming.  If they like to DX at all, they have but one
choice:  join in the contests.  Many simply do no like that.  Frankly, I am
tired of seeing the suggestion of trying other bands.  Maybe they have only one
antenna, or have pretty much worked those bands out (if and when we get some
sunspots), or its daytime and the low bands are not open, or night and the high
bands are not open.  To tell someone that if they don't like contest
interference, to go someplace else just seems a bit much to me.  Id tell the
contesters to go someplace else:  like a specific portion of each band, and
stay there, and allow others to enjoy their hobby also.    Harken back to the
old Novice Roundup.  It was only on the Novice bands, gave plenty of time and
space to Novices and anyone else who wished to join them, and was a real
training ground for CW ops.  By the way, IT WAS TWO WEEKS LONG, and I do not
remember anyone complaining about interference, except Novices whose crystals
put them slap atop a foreign broadcast station, who was out of their own
international assignment areas (lots of those - Radio Moscow, Chinese
broadcaster, Radio Tirana, etc).
Danny Douglas
N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB
All 2 years or more (except Novice). Short stints at:  DA/PA/SU/HZ/7X/DU
CR9/7Y/KH7/5A/GW/GM/F
Pls QSL direct, buro, or LOTW preferred,
I Do not use, but as a courtesy do upload to eQSL for those who do.
Moderator
DXandTALK
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DXandTalk
Digital_modes